The show will go on! COVD-19 event update.
We are following the Ministry of Health’s recommendation to not alter any arrangements for public events. We are keeping a close eye on the latest advice and will alert the public if anything changes.
We will have good handwashing facilities in our 5 big toilet trucks and hand sanitiser on the recycling stations (each outdoor food court has a recycling station near by) as well as the Festival Headquarters at 6 Constable St – so it should be easy to follow the MOH guidelines about good hygeine.
The Ministry of Health states “the most important thing to do is to practice good hygiene. This means:
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser:
- before eating or handling food
- after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- limiting alcohol and drug use (as this may affect your ability to adequately follow the advice above).”
The Ministry advise that the following people should not attend events:
- anyone who is unwell
- anyone arriving in New Zealand who has returned from, or transited through, mainland China, Iran, northern Italy or the Republic of Korea, or been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days are being asked to self-isolate. Please also register your details with Healthline 0800 358 5453 (or +64 9 358 5453 if using an international SIM) if you have not already.
Please see the Ministry of Health website for further information: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-information-specific-audiences/covid-19-advice-public-events-and-mass-gatherings